MPS - Education Sector
MJ Flood understands the unique challenges facing schools and universities today. As the sector strives for ways to save money while staying up to date with technology, it is increasingly turning to us to address its printing and document management needs through our managed print services and document management services.
Education relies on fast reliable printers
MJ Flood’s award-winning devices are renowned for their reliability and high speed printing. As printers move into classrooms, teachers are increasingly using colour printing and scanning to enhance the learning experience.
- Fast, high-quality printing at speeds of up to 75 pages per minute in colour and 95 per minute in black and white will ensure schools can distribute last minute notes on time.
- Professional finishing features, like binding and folding, are ideal for schools and universities looking to produce their own course notes and promotional brochures to save time and money.
Cost management solutions keep costs under control
MJ Flood has a range of cost management solutions that will identify inefficiencies, keep track of print costs and, if necessary, allocate these costs against staff or departments.
- Web-based budget and tracking solutions help boost administrative productivity and accountability.
- Automated toner re-ordering, electronic meter readings and preventive maintenance calls can take the load off administrators, allowing them to focus on more important tasks.
- Swipe cards or PIN codes can reduce paper wastage and increase document security as the user is required to release the print job at the printer. This reduces the amount of printing and helps lower the likelihood of leaving confidential data at the printer by mistake.
- Printing restrictions can be put in place to help control student and staff printing, limiting print quotas and the ability to print in colour.
Effective pay-for-print solutions
MJ Flood’s cost management solutions can help them save money by streamlining their devices, reducing their paper usage, and implementing pay for print solutions that help recoup the cost of printing.
- Pay for print technology is becoming increasingly sophisticated and, if used effectively, can help schools and educational institutions claw back some of their high printing costs.
Safeguarding confidential information
Educational institutions have a responsibility to safeguard private and confidential data such as student records. MJ Flood can implement a range of security measures to ensure documents cannot be printed, copied or scanned without appropriate authentication and can even restrict certain users from accessing files.
Using scanning technology to increase productivity and efficiency
MJ Flood knows that the work of teachers and lecturers extends beyond the classroom; marking papers and preparing student course materials are just some of the extra tasks required. MJ Flood offers sophisticated solutions that can help teachers manage their work load.
- Optical character recognition (OCR) scan and sort student reports, and integrate student results into any Document Management System (DMS).
- Electronic Data Management (EDM) helps schools and educational institutions streamline their administration with digitised filing and archiving that frees up valuable office space.
Reducing paper helps the environment while reducing costs
Schools and educational institutions have a responsibility to lead the way with sustainable practices that help the environment. Setting a good example will help students understand their actions can make a difference. MJ Flood has some of the eco-friendliest devices on the market that help reduce paper usage and wastage with low energy costs.
Professional service from a trusted brand
A lack of IT support can be a challenge for the education sector which is why MJ Flood’s managed print services provides a service whereby schools and university clients can have their printing environment audited and assessed by one of our Print Consultants, who will advise where cost savings can be made.