Best practice when using your MFD
Best practice when using your MFD as you return to work
Use the “Remote Access” functionality of your multifunction device. This application allows you to control the multifunction from a tablet or smartphone and access the buttons on the LCD control panel remotely.
After checking with your IT administrator that the feature is enabled on your printing system:
- Connect your phone or tablet to your company network or the Wifi access point on the MFD (if installed)
- Download the bizhub Remote Access app from the Apple Store or Google Play Store
Use a personal stylus to safely use the multifunction panel.
Any stylus suitable for modern capacitive displays should be compatible. Other features can help to limit contact with the multifunction device including:
- Automatic releasing of print when you authenticate using your ID card
- Remote scanning from a smartphone
Clean all affected areas regularly such as:
- The panel (screen and keys)
- The document feeder or the document glass
- Handles of paper trays
Use a soft cloth dampened with IPA (isopropyl alcohol) or ethanol for disinfection.
Be sure to wear vinyl gloves when cleaning or wash your hands thoroughly after cleaning.
Make sure you DO NOT use sprays containing solvents.
Please get in touch if you have any queries about ensuring a safe environment for your staff, customers and citizens as you transition to the new normal.
Contact Us | + 353 1 466 3500