Konica Minolta receives two distinguished CSR recognitions
The company is included on the Climate A List 2020 by CDP and is listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
Konica Minolta, Inc. (Konica Minolta) has been given the highest evaluation and awarded a global leadership position on the Climate A List by CDP, an international not-for-profit organisation engaged in activities to realise a sustainable economy, for the fifth time. Additionally, Konica Minolta, has been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI World), one of the most prestigious global indices of Environment Social Governance (ESG) investment, for the ninth consecutive year.
Konica Minolta’s approach to climate change problems
Konica Minolta is striving to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), while facilitating the evolution of the business community and human society.
In Europe, Konica Minolta has taken many measures to contribute to the responsible use of energy resources:
- Since 2018, Konica Minolta’s European headquarters is carbon neutral
- The overall consumption of energy has been reduced by transporting goods via inland vessel or train and through the consolidation of shipment
- Since the introduction of its “Enabling Carbon Neutrality” Programme in 2015, the company and it’s customers together have offset more than 30,000 tons of of unavoidable CO2 emissions
- In 2019, Konica Minolta introduced bizhub ECO, a service which includes a pre-set eco configuration of colour multifunctional peripherals (MFPs) and a tree sponsorship in cooperation with Treedom
- In 2020, Konica Minolta introduced AIRe Link, a remote visual support tool that has saved more than 3,000 on-site customers visits avoiding CO2 emissions from travelling
Reference: Evaluation by external parties
Konica Minolta is currently included in global ESG indexes and is ranked high in the ESG ratings, as shown below.
CDP is a global non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with institutional investors with assets of US$106 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 9,600 companies with over 50% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2020. This is in addition to the hundreds of cities, states and regions who have disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition.
About DJSI World
The DJSI World is the first global index to track the financial performance of the leading sustainability-driven companies worldwide and is provided by S&P Dow Jones Indices in the U.S. It assesses corporate sustainability from economic, environmental and social developments. The index is highly recognised among global institutional investors who take a close look at ESG management and sustainability. In the annual review of the 2,500 largest companies, 323 companies have been listed on the DJSI World and, within the list, 39 are Japanese companies including Konica Minolta.